9.1.15

january is my new favorite month

hkhjk 

Happy 2015! I can't believe it's January again, but this year I'm feeling extra inspired and excited for what's to come. This next week I will officially be a fashion marketing student! Just typing that gives me a rush of nostalgia, I guess it's something I've dreamed about since middle school. This will also be a perfect reason to keep blogging!

........

Last month I picked up this beautiful piece of vintage wool fabric and instantly envisioned creating this top. Boxy, cropped front with an open back. I decided to leave the collar and sleeve hems raw because the material doesn't seem to fray and I think it gives it a softer, more natural look. Sadly, I used up almost every inch of this fabric, no matching pants. BUT, I am hoping to re-create the same design using raw silk soon!


top: handmade by me pants: vintage ankle boots: j. crew

plaidtwo plaid4 plaid3

2 comments:

Thanks so much for reading! Be sure to leave a link to your own blog/website so I can check it out!